9 Oct 2012
This week your challenge is to show off up to three photos of cars or trucks.
In the following photos of mine I will give you a couple of tips and tricks for taking photos of vehicles. Once again I encourage you to play around and take a lot of photos and see what appeals best to you. It will help in developing your own style and photographic eye.
1. This first shot is of an old early 1930s Ford Truck. In this case I took only part of the car. I thought the two wheels looked a lot like the infinity symbol or sideways figure 8. It just flows so elegant. Taking a part of a vehicle can be quite interesting. You may want to try headlights, tail lights, and grills are my all time favorite. Some vintage cars has great mirrors and windows too.
2. This next photo is of an old vintage truck taking at what is called the 3/4 vehicle view. This truck is also moving on a dirt road as you can tell by the dirt that is flying in the back of the truck so there is a little action in the shot as well. I also used selective coloring to bring out the old vintage truck and service sign. (Photo taken at Powerland Museum in Brooks, Oregon)
3. This next photo displays three cars and if you look closely there are a lot in the background as well. I think of this as my old time gangster photo. The photo isn’t nearly as impressive in color because the cars are all darker colored by different and the cars in the background with their various colors added to the noise in the photo. Sepia worked well and really amplified the old time gangster feel to this photo. (Photo taken at a car show near Eugene, Oregon)
As you can tell I am a fan of vintage cars. You can photograph cars and trucks of any era for this challenge.
Your photographs can be straight out of the camera or edited in Photoshop or other software. I’m excited to see everyone’s photography.
How It Works?
- Most weeks I will come up with a topic and along with a tip on how to take a better photo. Feel free to write me with things you want to learn about.
- Go through you photo archives and see what photos you have that fits the current week’s challenge, or better yet grab you camera and take a new photo!
- Please keep your photos to only three or less per week.
- ENJOY and have FUN.
Create a Cee’s Fun Photo Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your photos and post, title your blog post “Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge” tag.
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly reminders.
Please check out my Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge page to see what fun we will have coming up in the future weeks.
Hope you enjoy this week challenge and have fun participating! Make it a great week.
I’m going to get my foot up now.
Hugs and blessings