30 Oct 2012
This week your challenge is to show off up to three or four photos displaying the color of Orange.
Since it is Halloween this week and I know many people aren’t into Halloween for various reason, me included, I decided to feature the color orange. This way hopefully my challenge will appeal to a large range of people. Have FUN!!
I found a website that has the meaning of colors: Color Wheel Pro: Color Meaning. Here is their definition of the color orange.
Orange combines the energy of red and the happiness of yellow. It is associated with joy, sunshine, and the tropics. Orange represents enthusiasm, fascination, happiness, creativity, determination, attraction, success, encouragement, and stimulation.
To the human eye, orange is a very hot color, so it gives the sensation of heat. Nevertheless, orange is not as aggressive as red. Orange increases oxygen supply to the brain, produces an invigorating effect, and stimulates mental activity. It is highly accepted among young people. As a citrus color, orange is associated with healthy food and stimulates appetite. Orange is the color of fall and harvest. In heraldry, orange is symbolic of strength and endurance.
Orange has very high visibility, so you can use it to catch attention and highlight the most important elements of your design. Orange is very effective for promoting food products and toys.
Dark orange can mean deceit and distrust.
Red-orange corresponds to desire, sexual passion, pleasure, domination, aggression, and thirst for action.
Gold evokes the feeling of prestige. The meaning of gold is illumination, wisdom, and wealth. Gold often symbolizes high quality.
Your photographs can be straight out of the camera or edited in Photoshop or other software. I’m excited to see everyone’s photography.
How It Works?
- Most weeks I will come up with a topic and along with a tip on how to take a better photo. Feel free to write me with things you want to learn about.
- Go through you photo archives and see what photos you have that fits the current week’s challenge, or better yet grab you camera and take a new photo!
- Please keep your photos to only three or less per week.
- ENJOY and have FUN.
Create a Cee’s Fun Photo Challenge post
- Then add a link to your blog in my comment box.
- To make it easy for others to check out your photos and post, title your blog post “Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge” tag.
- Remember to Follow My Blog to get your weekly reminders.
Please check out my Cee’s Fun Foto Challenge page to see what fun we will have coming up in the future weeks.
Here are my selection of orange photographs that I have taken.
For everyone on the East Coast of the US, I hope you are all safe and dry. Thoughts and energy is being sent your way. I have relatives in Western Pennsylvania so I’m keeping an eye on them as well.
Hugs and blessings